Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Our new toilet song

Alex is showing some readiness to use the toilet. He lifts his shirt, tucks it under his chin, and starts tugging at his diaper and says "pee pee! pee pee!" Then it is my job to remove the diaper so he can go climb up onto the big toilet, then get back down, climb up again, get back down, throw a couple of pieces of t.p. in, climb up, get down, flush, and tell the t.p. bye bye. Sometimes he sits on his little toilet, also. Other times, he likes to get one of the step stools and stand in front of the big toilet and pretend to go. So far, he hasn't released into either of the toilets, but I'll be waiting with a big, encouraging "Wahoo! Way to go, Alex!!"
In the meantime, I'm trying to come up with ways of getting him to release while on the john. (If anyone has any ideas, please leave them in the comment section!) Today, I started singing Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star to him (which is normally his bedtime song). I then replaced "twinkle" with "tinkle" and threw in a bunch of random words. I finally ended up with this version, which I think is a keeper!

Tinkle, tinkle, little boy,
Going pee is such a joy!
When you have the urge to go
Just let Mom or Daddy know.
Tinkle, tinkle, little boy,
Going pee is such a joy!

No comments: