Monday, August 24, 2009

Brothers reunited

Alex woke from his nap just in time to go pick Brother up from school. I changed his diaper and told him to get his shoes, and he gladly obliged. He also brought me my shoes, which were the wrong pair, so he went back and brought me Biju's flip flops. Once we hit the road I positioned the cd to just the right song for when Ajay got in. Mrs. M brought Ajay out and told us he did fine the rest of the day. We headed back to the van but Ajay stopped part way there to give my legs a good hug. I got down on his level and gave him a squeeze back. Then the brotherly love started. Ajay kept giving Alex hugs and kisses. It was a very sweet reunion.

Biju called just as we got back to the van, so I let Ajay answer the phone. He answered with a "Hi, Daddios!! I had fun at school today! I cried three times." Luckily I think he had enough fun today that he is willing to go back tomorrow. There were only a few other children there today, and the whole class will meet tomorrow. Thus far, they have done staggered attendance to let the kids get used to their new routine. Ajay informed me that tomorrow a hundred kids will be going to his class. (I think there will only be about 20 in his AM class)

Our refrigerator is now the proud bearer of two pieces of artwork (I had just cleared it of all previous artwork last week). I can't wait to fill it up with more art and watch his skills progress!


Since everyone was in a better emotional state, I was able to snap some more photos.









No comments: