Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Cloth Diapers - Pinning vs. The Snappi

I let Alex go coverless a little while today. The kid went through 4 diapers in 1.5 hours! 2 fitteds, and 2 prefolds. I tried pinning the prefold, as I was afraid he would somehow get the snappi undone, which would allow the diaper to fall off. I, however, am not practiced in the art of pinning. I pricked myself pretty good w/ the pin, enough to get a drop of blood, and the diaper was left too gape-y. The next change, I went ahead and used the snappi, and it was so much better. Faster, tighter, and no, it didn't end up coming off somehow. I guess Alex is still too young to fiddle with it enough to make it come un-done. I took some photos to compare.

Pinned:




(Yes, I realize I need to let this one have a little sun time to get that stain out.)

















Snappi'd:





BTW - I'm getting ready to sell my size small diapers, so if you or anyone you know might be interested, let me know and I'll talk w/ you about them!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I raised 6 kids and relied solely on diaper pins and rubber pants. All survived well, all are healthy, happy, well-adjusted adults today, and contrary to all the fabricated stories regarding excessive odour and problems with diaper rash... nothing but old wives tales as far as I'm concerned.

Margaret