Saturday, April 30, 2011

India: Baby Goats and a Train

We spent most of our time in Kerala with Mom's side of the family but we did have a nice little visit with Dad's side on one afternoon.  Mary Auntie served us the usual tea and cake but she also made up this scrumptious snack - I wish I could remember the name.  She made a batter that cooked into some sort of pancake/burrito and then filled it with a sweet filling.  Coconut and jaggery and some spices.  Also served was a cool drink, two different types of bananas and some papaya. 


We got to visit with Biju's grandfather, along with some other aunts and uncles and cousins. 


The family had some baby goats that were just 2 weeks old.  As you can imagine, that was a big hit with the boys!  Bino Uncle had taken his camera (my second set of batteries were dead by this point) so got some great shots. There were several, so I'll try to limit my choices to share with you.




We then took a walk.  We crossed some railroad tracks (the same ones we would later be traveling on as we headed back to Bangalore), peeked into a little creek, then came back to the tracks to watch a train pass.  It was pretty sunny/hot so we walked along with umbrellas.  I also got to use Bino's camera for the first time! 


Waiting for the train to come.  (I actually have a great photo of the train passing by but Blogger won't let me upload it.  So sad.)

Our attempt at a family photo.  Bino took several shots and this was the best we could do.

The big boys gave the little boys a ride back up the steep hill.

No comments: