Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Recipe Wednesday - Tangy Cucumbers

Last summer I do recall the boys and I spending a week or so at my parents, sorta similar to this summer. Both times my mom nabbed a cucumber or two from the garden and made up this dish.

Slice up some cucumbers (2-3 depending on size)
Slice or dice up some red onion (about half of one)
Put slices into a seal-able container
Pour some water in
Pour some Apple Cider Vinegar in
(I asked Mom how much and she said about 2:1 water:vinegar)
Put in some sugar (I'm guessing about a half tablespoon??)
Stir it up and put the lid on it.

These can be eaten right away or you can let them sit a few hours/overnight in the fridge before serving.

Funny thing - I just noticed there is a similar recipe in the Everyday Food magazine for July/August.

There ya go - a quick and easy side for your summer meals! Let me know what you think!

No comments: