Friday, September 28, 2012

My trusty Madeline

Fall is my favorite time of year.  There, now you know a little more about me.  Because, you know, it's been said that I don't talk enough about myself.  Wait.  That's never been said about me.  Well, now you know a bit more about me anyway - fall is my favorite time of year.  

What else might you not know about me?  I have a friend named Madeline.  I don't believe many of you have ever met her but she and I go way back.  Back to before I ever had children, in fact.  Back when I was working at the theatre.   

At first I was friends with her cousin, Frances.  Frances was from the farm and always wore her red and white checked blouse with denim blue overalls.  

Frances was a great friend to me while I was at work - until she toppled backwards off my desk one day.  She was completely shattered.  There was no hope for her so she was hauled away.  A couple of weeks later my boss introduced me to Madeline and she's been with me ever since. 

Would you like to meet her?  I just so happened to snap a picture of her this morning.....


Yes, you're right, she is a bit more girly than her cousin.  Frances was ready for working in the dirt.  Madeline can appreciate the flowers in the garden but wouldn't dare go digging around in there! 

What's that?  You'd like to see the back of her dress?  She's more than willing to turn around to show you.....

She apologizes for her large shadow cast on the kitchen counter and wall. 

I'll show you where she keeps her name tag (she hopes you don't think she's a hussy because she's showing you her underside!)


We don't hang out so much in the summer months but she's always there for me when the air turns cooler and I need a warm drink. 

I hope you have a good friend like my trusty Madeline. 

No comments: