Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Recipe Wednesday - Lemon Cranberry Cream

I was feeling the need for some dessert last week and saw we had some Jell-o in our cupboards.  I wanted more than "just" jello, though.  I had a big jar of homemade yogurt and got to thinking "Cottage Cheese and Orange Jell-o goes well together, certainly this should taste good!"  So I tried finding a recipe that called for lemon gelatin and yogurt couldn't find anything.  I did a search for just yogurt and jello and found this, so just sorta used it as a guide. 

In a small saucepan with water, boil 1/2 cup of dried cranberries - it doesn't take long, you're just trying to plump them up a bit.  Drain and set aside. 

Meanwhile, in a small-medium mixing bowl, combine 1.5 cups plain yogurt with one box (3oz) of lemon jello (I did not use the sugar free kind, but you could experiment with this and see if it works just as well).  Fold in about 1 cup of whipped cream.

In the dish you want to serve your dessert in, pour half of the lemon mixture.  Sprinkle on your plumped up cranberries then finish off with the rest of the lemon mixture.  Cover and slide into the fridge until you're ready to serve.  At first I thought this was going to set up firmly, but it's really more of a "spoon into a bowl" dish instead of a "slice and serve" dish.  Still quite tasty! 

No comments: