Monday, November 29, 2010

15 Weeks

I'm interrupting my Halloween posts to get this post put up - it's not like I can talk about my 15th week while I'm in my 18th week, right??

I'm officially a week into my second trimester.  Yay!  Since most people ask pregnant ladies "How are you feeling?" I'll tell you how I'm feeling.  Little by little the morning (all day) sickness has been wearing off.  A couple of other symptoms are still sticking around.  My nose is still bleeding like crazy once or twice a day and I'm sure that's a mixture of being pregnant on top of the dry weather.  My gag reflex is super sensitive which makes things, uh, fun, to say the least.  This is the first time in all of my pregnancies I've had to run to the bathroom/a sink/a trashcan.  I've been having some crazy headaches but they could be from the slight cold I've got, too.  On a happier note, I'm feeling some little flutters.  Not a lot and not on a regular basis but every once in awhile I think "Hmm, I think that was the baby." 

I've got some photos to share with you.  I thought I could take pics at 15 weeks, 20, 25, 30 weeks and so on.  The closest pic I have of me at 10 weeks would be this pic I took of myself a day or two before 9 weeks.  I went into Photobucket to change the color of my shirt - I figured the brown was a bit too dark to be able to see anything. 


Here are the photos I took today, at 15 weeks.  I've lost track of my feet from this angle.






I was hoping the baby would only grow in my front this time.  Alas, I see my hind-end expanding, as well, just like I did with the boys.  So sad. 


Here is a blurb about the baby (quoted from Babycenter):

15 weeks

How your baby's growing:

Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds. Finally, if you have an ultrasound this week, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or a girl! (Don't be too disappointed if it remains a mystery, though. Nailing down your baby's sex depends on the clarity of the picture and on your baby's position. He or she may be modestly curled up or turned in such a way as to "hide the goods.")

1 comment:

Sarah said...

popping out since I saw you last! Looking good :)