Monday, March 23, 2009

How things are going

Well I tried updating this a few hours ago, but Alex came along and started punching buttons and ended up deleting the whole entry. I was so sad I couldn't bring myself to retype everything at the time. Now that I've gotten a little nap (thank you, Biju!) I'm feeling more up to the task.

I started the oils on Alex on Wednesday. Through the day I rubbed Medieval Mix behind his ears for the ear infection and at night I rubbed the same on the bottom of his feet, then rubbed Lavender oil on his tummy to calm him. He *only* woke 3x that night (yes, that was an improvement!). He also didn't cough the whole night! Thursday I went for a girls night out and Biju forgot to put oils on before bed. He woke up 4x. By Friday, I was nervous that the oils weren't working on his ear infection (they might've been, it had only two days, but I was nervous and felt bad that Alex was in so much pain) so I filled the antibiotic prescription. Friday night I rubbed the Medieval Mix on his feet again and the lavender on his tummy - I had excess, so rubbed it on his back. That night he only woke up 2x! However, Saturday night when I gave the boys their baths, I noticed Alex had red spots all over his tummy and back. There were similar spots behind his ears. I e-mailed a friend to ask her opinion and if she thought he was allergic to both the oils I was using. She thought it was more likely that it was the lotion I was blending the oils with. I'm hoping thats the case. Tonight I'll try mixing the oils with our Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil and see how he reacts.

I've been dealing with more poop than I ever care to deal with again. Alex has poop in just about every diaper (he was having issues to begin with, and now the antibiotics he's is supposed to cause diarrhea). Ajay has some bug (probably the same bug Alex had last week that cause him to have diarrhea) as he's now running to the bathroom quite frequently. Poor kids. Alex loves the pedialyte and is keeping well hydrated, but Ajay doesn't care for the salty taste of it so isn't drinking any. I'm hoping he's getting enough water. I've been feeding him toast (okay, so there was a little bit of pb&j on the toast for lunch) and applesauce. I hope it goes away soon!!

No comments: