Monday, January 6, 2014

Pre-Christmas Activities - Tree


I'm going to go backwards a little in time and put up a few posts about what we did throughout the month of December, leading up to Christmas.

We'll start off with putting up our Christmas tree.

For the last, I don't know, 10+ years, maybe, we've used an artificial tree I got from an elderly volunteer at the theatre where I worked.  It has done a fine job but in recent years I've found myself using light strands to help prop up it's branches. 

 We looked around after Christmas last year but didn't end up purchasing one.  We got out the tree this year and decided we did, indeed, need a new tree. 
Alex was all about helping set up the new one.

Biju lifted him up so he could put the top piece in place.
Here's Ajay staring at the lit tree.
Alex taking his turn to stare at the tree.

And now Aren's turn!

Shortly after putting up the tree - might've been the next day - before we got the ornaments on. I need to make a tree skirt to hide that ugly tree stand, now!

No comments: