Ajay's school is having a fundraiser next week and each grade has chosen a theme. The first graders chose "movies" for their baskets - I'm pretty sure that's what they chose last year, too.
Each family is supposed to donate something for the baskets. I figured there would be a lot of candy, microwave popcorn packets, and maybe even some of those movies you can find for $5 at WalMart given so I wanted to do something a bit different. I went to my favorite site for crochet patterns, Ravelry, and put in the search term "movies" just to see what came up.
I saw this pattern, saw it was free and saw it was super easy, so I knew I had to do it.
I like the pattern. The popcorn took awhile to make up. I wanted to do 20, maybe 22, but I ended up making only 18. I ran out of time and 18 was enough, I think. Filled it without overflowing. I had issues with attaching the bottom to the tube. I had to re-do it 3x because I just couldn't get it to line up right. There are 48 rows of red and white stripes and 42 stiches in the round bottom. I had to figure out a way to spread out the extra stitches without leaving big gaps. It still looks a bit puckered in some areas, but overall, I'm pleased with it.