Saturday, June 11, 2011

Keeping occupied

School is out and summer is here.  Now what?  So far, the boys have been waking up, watching a bit of PBS, going outside to play before it gets too hot, then coming back in to dance to some music, play with play dough, beat each other up, etc.  I've been trying to come up with some activities for the boys to do, but I think they need more.  I guess it's time to check the library's schedule and a few other things around town to find some things to do on the cheap (or, more preferably, free!).  Anyone have any great ideas?

Here are a few things they've been doing:

Playing memory
Hanging on the laundry line (and getting told not to for the emp-teenth time).

Showing off some karate moves.

They set up this bike in a rut so it worked like an exercise bike - they could ride all day and never leave our backyard!

I got a great idea from a blog I follow and cut out two letter As for the boys to decorate.

Decorating the letter A.  I even let them play with glue and (ack!) glitter.

Playing ball with Nana while she was visiting.

Early morning shenanigans.

Nana has a Netflix account and let the boys watch Planet 51 on the computer.

A couple of giraffes eating trees.  (Or - a couple of boys eating broccoli.)

1 comment:

Ravi and Evie said...

I do not know, but PLEASE tell me ideas. We are going to preschool Reading Session every Thursday at our Library. I am going to do some school like activities, plus some crafts.. I am going to do kick the can Ice cream http://crafts.kaboose.com/ice-cream-in-a-can-or-kick-the-can.html