Sunday, June 19, 2011

My love-hate relationship with diapers

Cloth Diapers:  
I love them because they are so much healthier than disposable diapers. (for baby and environment)
I love them because they are so much cuter on a baby than disposable diapers.
I hate them because after three children I still cannot find the best wash routine and either have detergent build up or pee build up.  Neither one are fun to have since they both can cause a rash.

Disposable Diapers:
I love them because I don't have to deal with finding the right wash routine.
I hate them because they are so unhealthy for baby and environment. 
I hate them because they are worthless for containing big poo messes and they ruin cute baby clothes!!

You know.... When Alex was just under a year old, I briefly considered and looked into elimination communication (EC).  It wasn't something I actually implemented but maybe I will with Aren.  I'm so done with dealing with diapers.  Wouldn't it be nice to have a diaper free baby?? (I'm not affiliated with that second link, just wanted to provide anyone out there with an interest in EC a resource to check into.) 

That's all I have to say about that.  (For now.)

1 comment:

Rawsonfamilyof5 said...

With cloth diapers you really have to weigh if you are helping the environment cause you are still using electricity and water to wash them so it really does cancel out the benefits of cloth. I really wanted to use cloth this time and thought really hard about that and I think there are more effective ways for me to help the planet. I know for myself with three children it is just easier and less time consuming to use disposables. I cant imagine my laundry pile. Strangely enough i was potty trained by 9 months old by my grandmother using the elimination communication method. She could just tell when i needed to use the bathroom lol. I think it was kind of crazy. However to be done dealing with diapers all together is amazing. The diaper stage will be over too fast we all know so as much as it boogles you now just think how you will wish for it back someday. :)