Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Recipe Wednesday - Apple Chicken Stew

Yum.yum!

(I found the base to this recipe on allrecipes.com, I think, but I messed with it a teeny bit. And remember, when I give a measurement, like a teaspoon, a quarter of a teaspoon, its usually a guesstimate, because I just sorta toss it all in.)

Layer at the bottom of a crock pot:
4 med. potatoes, cubed,
4 med. carrots, sliced
1-2 celery ribs, chopped
1 med. onion, sliced,
3 (frozen) boneless, skinless chicken breast
about a tsp. salt
some black pepper
1-1.5 tsp. dried thyme
1/8 tsp. caraway seeds (original recipe called for more, so you can add more if you like this flavor. 1/2tsp. I think.)
1c. peeled, chopped apple slices (calls for tart, I just used whatever was in the fridge)
1.5 c. apple juice (or apple cider)
2c. water
2 chicken bouillon cubes
1T. apple cider vinegar
1 bay leaf.
Cook on high 4-6 hours.
The original recipe said 6 servings. If you divide into 6 servings, they are big servings (which is actually kinda nice). If you do it this way, each serving is 5 points for those using Weight Watchers.