Thursday, August 7, 2014

May Happened!

So many fun things happened in the spring that I just never got around to posting.  Such a shame.  Instead,  I'll rush through the month of May in one post in an effort to get caught up (and stay caught up - is that too much to ask??).
I tried a recipe for coconut brown rice.  It was easy to put together - so easy, Aren was able to help - and it was made in the rice cooker.  I will be making this again!

Ajay played baseball....

Biju had a birthday....

The boys got a haircut....

They played in the sprinklers....

There was a Field Day at school....

Alex played baseball..... (and it was quite chilly!)

Aren had a birthday....

We did a craft!  The boys got to paint craft sticks, then we glued chores/other tasks on the front, magnets on the back and created their chore charts.

Biju got started on the big summer project - painting the house!  You can see the new color on a few boards next to the front door.  We were "trying it on."  We liked it so much we kept it.  Here, he's using a power washer to clean and prep for painting.

Biju and his dad planted this tree last May when his parents came for a visit (I can't believe it has already been over a year!).  I took a photo of the three boys next to the tree so we can monitor how much it has grown.  If I can remember I'll do this every May!

Ajay's ball team got to go to a semi-professional (I think that's what they would be categorized as?) ball game.  They got to meet the team before the game, run out onto the field with a player and be introduced and have their photo taken with the mascot.  (There was a better photo where the mascot wasn't being silly and blocking the view of the kids but I like this one!)

Aren got a little tired by the end of the game.  He got some good cuddles in with Daddy.
(I also ran that 5k in May, but since I already posted about that I felt it was okay to skip over it here in this post.)
So there is May in a nutshell.  June is up next!

No comments: