Monday, February 7, 2011

25 Weeks

We have reached the 25 week mark!  (I think the date on the camera is wrong?)  It is an amazing feeling to have this little guy squirm all around.  I'm not sure if I have pregnancy/mommy brain but I don't remember Ajay and Alex doing cartwheels like this.  I mainly remember a lot of pokes and jabs from them, but this one feels like he is turning somersaults in there.  It actually makes me giggle. 

We're progressing along nicely.  At my last OB appointment, his heartbeat was in the 150-160 range and my fundus measured right at 23 weeks (which is where it should've been at the time).  My next appointment will be a fun one.  I'll drop Alex off with my sister, Shelly, for the morning and I will go in for not only another sonogram but for a glucose tolerance test, as well.  The sono is to check to be sure the bottom end of the placenta has moved into a better position - at my last sono, it was shown to be too low.  If it stays too low, I will need to have a c-section.  Let's all pray it has gone to where it needs to be (I've read it usually does, so I'm not too worried).  For the glucose test, I will chug a cup of a really sweet liquid and sit in the office for an hour.  After the hour is over I will have my blood tested to see what my blood-sugar is.  I've not had gestational diabetes before so I'm crossing fingers for a repeat result.

Unfortunately, my ankles have started to swell.  Actually, the swelling is mainly in my left foot.  I wore some compression stockings for a couple of days last week but it seems as though I may have to start wearing them on a more regular basis.  I'm not happy about this, I can tell you that, but I'd rather do that then have to deal with the swelling.  We reated ourselves to Pizza Hut last night but I can't imagine the sodium from that is single handedly to blame for this. 

Also, I slipped on some stairs this morning and fell.  I actually saw myself tumbling down the whole set of stairs (because, of course, I was at the top!) but very luckily I landed on one stair and stayed there.  I fell towards my right side so my right hip and elbow caught the brunt of it.  We were a little worried, of course, but over the course of the day I've still felt him doing cartwheels, so I think he's fine in there.  It did exacerbate my lower back problems and I've been walking with a bit of a limp off and on. 

The boys hug and talk to my stomach quite frequently.  Ajay used to whisper "I love you, Little Brother," but I've told him that if he talks louder the baby might be able to hear him in there, so he says it a lot louder now.  We love this little feller so much already!!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I love that Ajay talks to him, that is super sweet

Rawsonfamilyof5 said...

I had alot of swelling with mackenzie too mostly on my left side it was the way she was positioned. It still swelled after she was born. Also my stomach was swollen on that side since she preferred that position. Glad to hear all is going well!

Michelle said...

Glad to hear you are ok! Hope your next appt goes smoothly!