Thursday, October 18, 2012

The first day of school....again.

Ajay gets to remember two first-days-of-second-grade.

 We woke up Monday morning and started getting breakfast.  This is the view I saw as I was standing at the kitchen sink:

Can you see the sky turning pink and yellow out the window?
I got a little closer....








After another couple of minutes, though, we had to shut the curtains because the sun was too bright.  Still, a great way to start the day! 

Ajay's school is about 2 minutes by van from our house. 



Since Alex doesn't get to go to PreK for now (boo!) he came home and found some things to do on his own.



Ajay's old school started at 9am.  This school starts at 8:20am.  That's quite the adjustment but everyone seems to be doing well with the change. 

Now I don't know if this has anything to do with the school, and I don't know why it would, but he doesn't mind reading out loud to us now.  The last few days when I've asked him to take a turn with the bedtime book he gladly reads instead of crossing his arms, pouting and refusing to read.  I'll take it and hope that he stays this way!

No comments: