Friday, October 5, 2012

Making note of firsts

Doing a lot of firsts in the new house!  I made Biju a sandwich when he came home for lunch....


We used our stove for the first time today.  In India it's good luck to boil over a small pan of milk when you move into a new place.  I didn't have any milk to boil over but I think I had a little water boil over as I made lunch.

I had intended to make macaroni and cheese and tuna and peas for lunch but I forgot the can opener for the tuna.  I also forgot to bring along the peas.  And I forgot the strainer, so the noodles were drained over the sink with nothing but a fork (plastic, at that!) to keep the noodles from pouring out with the water.  Wanna know what else I forgot?  Plates.  So we ate our macaroni and cheese out of "Red Solo Cups" (sing it with me!) .....


I vacuumed a bit then Biju took over while I cooked. 


And then we had the carpets cleaned!!! 


It's a good feeling knowing the carpets have now been sanitized. 

3 comments:

pamela said...

Carpet cleaning is a must, especially if it covers a big portion of the house. Regular sanitation and cleaning of carpets should be done also particularly if you have pets and kids in the home.

Anna Cline said...

How great, you are already making so many memories in the new house! Can't wait to see it all come together. Congratulations!!!

Michelle said...

Love clean carpets!