Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Crochet Swap Projects

I recently particpated in a crochet swap.  We were randomly assigned partners and then we were to crochet them something(s) to do with Spring, Valentine's Day or St. Patrick's Day.  The woman for whom I crocheted the goodies requested Valentine items, preferably in pink and/or purple.  I found out she loves to read so I made up this quick and cute little bookmark:



After that, I didn't know what to make up.  I thought I wanted to make up a picture frame of sorts and found this fun circular project.  I actually turned it into a wall/door hanging.  I had an old bracelet I never wore and it had a charm on it that I figured would look nice.  The only part I'm not happy with is that the charm ended up a little off center.  I have a few more  bracelets with different charms and I hope to make more - perhaps my own Valentine hanging, a St. Paddy's Day hanging, Easter, etc, etc. 


In case you're wondering, as I know you all are, this is what is currently hanging on my door:


And for the final project, I ended up doing something that my mom usually makes up for holidays and baby showers.  At first I thought I might do a scarf, or a cowl, or something else that I just didn't get excited about.  Then I remembered these customizable hangings and actually got excited to make it.  I called Mom to ask for the pattern but she said it was in her head and we were never able to find a good time for her to talk me through it over the phone.  I ended up getting a few quick hints from her and then I studied over a Thanksgiving hanging I had to figure out the details.  It worked up so quick and I enjoyed finding things to attach to it.   I originally wanted to put the flower on top but when I decided to use the frame (with doves on it) I figured that should go at the top, what with the weight of the frame. 




I had fun making these and I can't wait to hear what my recipient thinks of everything.  I am also looking forward to getting my goodies in the mail! 

1 comment:

Erin C. said...

Cute! The wall hanging turned out great!