Thursday, January 5, 2012

Feeling better

Aren got sick last week.  I assumed it was just a typical cold with cough and fever but Biju suggested we call the doctor to see what his opinion was.  I'm so glad we did - it turns out he had viral pneumonia and an ear infection.  The pediatrician gave us a prescription for Amoxicillin (for the ear infection) and we were told he would get worse over the weekend.  He did, but not nearly as bad as I was afraid he'd get.  He spent quite a few nights sleeping in our bed plus most of his naps in our arms. 


We were going to spend Friday evening with some friends for an early New Year celebration but had to cancel.  We were disappointed but we knew that Aren would be happier cuddling with Mommy and Daddy.

Aren just wasn't himself.  Finally, on Monday, the fever stopped and we were able to coax a little grin from him.  Tuesday was even better - more grins!  Today (Thursday), I was able to get full on giggles from him as I tickled his belly.  We also got the "okay" from the doc to go to a playgroup - which did us all a bit of good!  He's back to sleeping in his crib with a cool mist humidifier in his room. 

I'm so glad to have our happy-go-lucky fella back and I'm super grateful for modern medicine.  I don't think prescription drugs should be used very often but there are times when they're necessary and in this case they sure did help! 


1 comment:

Michelle said...

Glad he is doing better! It can be scary when they are so little and so sick.