Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Recipe Wednesday - Watermelon Juice

I came across this recipe last year and really enjoyed it. I didn't make it as the recipe indicated (took out the ice), so it really turned out more like a sweet-tart "watermelon juice." I like sweet-tart.

We have some cut up watermelon that the boys had given up eating, so this evening when they came in from playing, I whipped up a quick drink with the leftovers! (And then I made a glass for myself!)

* 1 cup chopped watermelon (and since I was finishing everything off, I poured the rest of the juice in, too, which was about a half cup of juice)
* 1 Tbs. Lemon Juice (I had some in a bottle in the fridge. Lime would go wonderfully with this, as the original recipe calls for.)
* 1/2 Tbs. sugar

Toss everything into a blender (the Magic Bullet works perfectly for this) and blend. Drink up!

These are just general numbers. You can use however much you need/want. I like tart, so I really wouldn't have minded adding in even more lemon juice. (In fact, I didn't measure the boys' drink and the amount of sugar and lemon juice I added seemed just about right.)

When made to the recipe above, (I measured the extra watermelon juice as an extra half cup of diced watermelon) the breakdown is as follows:

Nutritional Info
  • Servings Per Recipe: 1
  • Amount Per Serving
  • Calories: 101.2
  • Total Fat: 1.1 g
  • Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
  • Sodium: 4.8 mg
  • Total Carbs: 24.1 g
  • Dietary Fiber: 1.3 g
  • Protein: 1.6 g

1 comment:

Andhra Recipes said...

Thanks for share........