Tuesday, July 1, 2008

What we've been working on

We've had a fun few days, working on all sorts of things. Here are a few:

Ajay and I worked on puppets! He named his "Doggy" - pronounced "doh-ghee" and I named mine Annabelle.

Alex is working on sitting. He's doing rather well, and he's very proud of himself!

Ajay playing on the playset - he "snuck" out of the house, so didn't have his shoes on. He'd also dressed himself. Yes, it is now July, and yes, he is wearing a sweatshirt and long pants. Like I said. He dressed himself. At least it was less skin for the mosquitoes to feast on.



Alex has been working on his innocent baby face!

Alex working on yet more baby skills - playing with his toesies. They haven't made it to his mouth yet, I'm just waiting :)

Today I called the Parents as Teachers group that is part of our school district. They offer a "preschool" of sorts for 3 year olds. Its like a pre-pre-school. I'm excited to have Ajay attend! It runs like a regular school year, Sept. thru May, and we'll attend one day a week, for about 2 hours at a time. I say "we" because either I or Biju will be taking him to this classroom-type setting. There will be a certified teacher leading the "class," he'll have about 11 other students (all with their parents or caregivers) and we'll get to introduce a more structured setting with Mommy or Daddy, before sending him out on his own next year (for regular preschool). A perk is that this is free! It's a great chance for us, too, to see what type of learner Ajay, so we'll know how to help him when he starts to attend school. I'm super excited, can ya tell?

No comments: