Wednesday, July 2, 2008

On Scary Men and Vinegar

Last night was rough. No one got much sleep. Alex was up way too much - the longest stretch of his sleep being 2.5 hours. I had just gotten back to sleep at one point when Biju came into Alex's room (where I was sleeping) and woke me - I then heard Ajay screaming from his room. The poor kid was freaked out. Biju told me he'd been laying with Ajay since 2am, but he wanted to go back to bed so he would be able to hear his alarm go off at 5am. So I went in and layed with Ajay - I didn't sleep well because I was afraid I wouldn't hear Alex crying in the other room. Everytime I woke up or moved, Ajay started whimpering, asking me not to leave. So at 6am when Alex woke up, I ended up taking him back to Ajay's bed, and the three of us layed there for awhile - then I realized both boys were fully awake. So we went to the couch. I called Mom so she could feel sorry for me :) Ajay wanted to talk, so I let him, and he told her all about the two scarey men that were in his room last night, and how one had put him back to bed. He told Daddy about it again at 9am on the phone. So after that phone call, I got out my spray bottle of vinegar, and let him go through the house and spray wherever he wanted, since monsters and scarey men don't like vinegar!! Hopefully the vinegar trick works, as I don't want a repeat of last night ever again!

Edited to add:
I put Alex down for his morning nap, and when I came back into the living room, this is what I found. I don't blame the poor kid! I just hope he still takes a nap after lunch!!

No comments: