Monday, July 21, 2008

Blessings all around

We had Alex's baptism on Sunday July 6th at a church some family members belong to. My sis and bro-in-law had their little girl, Kyleigh, baptised at the same time. We thought it would be fitting since Ajay and Paige were baptised on the same day, also, 3 years ago. Ajay was baptised in the same gown Alex had on. It's a 3rd generation gown, used by me and my siblings, and an aunt and an uncle - so that gown is.... 50 years old??
Alex was sort of fussing, but had settled and had JUST started to doze off when it was time to go up for the holy water. I didn't realize he was dozing (he was sitting on my lap facing out) so when I stood up, it startled him. He cried the rest of the ceremony!! I ended up nursing him towards the end and Father had to finish the blessings while Alex was under my nursing cover.
















Here's Alex (sleeping) with Mommy, Daddy, Father, Godmother Natalie and Godfather Willie
















Here are the two baptism candidates - Alex and Kyleigh, with their parents
















Father could not do a Blessing of the Sick for Alex, since he's just a child (don't understand that one)so he blessed me, since I provide Alex's nourishment through my breast milk. Biju and my Aunt Tina, also my Godmother, put their hands on me as he prayed over me.
















Father also blessed Jaime as she carries little Logan Louis in her womb. My brother, Jeff, stood behind.
















Here's a snoozing Alex all ready to go!

No comments: