Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Recipe Wednesday - Waffles/Pancakes

I'm aware that most of you already have your own tried and true recipe for pancakes and waffles, but I thought I'd put another version out there for you to consider. There isn't anything truly special about this, but I like to think it's a tad healthier than some of the batters I've made. I made these (as waffles) on Sunday and they tasted pretty good!

Preheat your griddle or waffle iron.

In a mixing bowl, mix together:
1/2 c. unbleached flour
1/2 c. whole wheat flour
dash of salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
a dash or two of cinnamon

Then add in:
3/4 - 1 cup milk (depending on how runny/thick you like it.)
1 egg
1 Tbs melted coconut oil
1 Tbs honey

Brush the griddle/iron with melted coconut oil, put 3-4 spoonfuls of batter on for each waffle or pancake. For pancakes, when bubbles form and pop but don't fill themselves in, flip to the other side. For waffles, cook until crispy - 3-5 minutes or so.
Top with your favorite topping. (Jelly; Honey; Syrup; PB & Syrup is a tasty combo; whatever else you can think of.)

No comments: