Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Recipe Wednesday (uh, Thursday) - Dinner

(This was started yesterday but didn't get posted, so I'll finish and post today...)
~~
WFD? In other words - What's For Dinner?

Today, we had planned on going to the Y so I wanted something really quick to make up when we got back. As it turns out, bad weather has rolled in and we're not going out. (Same thing happened to us on Monday night, and we weren't able to go work out then either. Phooey.)

I was still happy to have a quick and easy meal planned to make up.

BBQ Ground Beef Sandwiches, Broccoli and Sweet Potatoes.

Here's how it went down...

I grabbed a bag of the cooked/frozen ground beef, and thawed it a bit. Then I tossed it into a skillet, gave it a few glugs of K.C. Masterpiece, Original, onto it and stirred it up. I served the boys their meat plain, and mine went onto some whole wheat bread w/ a smear of Miracle Whip, Light. Yum!

I grabbed a bag of the blanched/frozen broccoli and thawed it a bit. Then I tossed it into a pan w/ a bit of water and boiled it a bit. Once it was soft enough, I drained the water, put in a pat of butter and a sprinkle of salt and pepper, then tossed in some Parmesan cheese. Yum!

While the other two dishes were cooking, I chucked a couple of sweet potatoes into the microwave, set it for three potatoes, and let them "bake." I then removed the skins and mashed them up. I add to this mash a pat of butter, sprinkle of brown sugar and cinnamon, and even a drop or two of vanilla extract. Yum, yum!

I served the meal on a small plate so it looked like I was pigging out, when really, I think the serving size was decent.




Again, the boys enjoyed the broccoli and Alex even asked for seconds on the sweet potatoes.



No comments: