Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Recipe Wednesday - Macaroni and Cheese and Tuna and Peas

If you're going to make this dish, you have to say it just like that. To be more exact:
Macaroni and Cheese and Tuna and Peas.
It just sounds more fun that way. My boys and I also like doing a little dancin' with it.
I also sometimes call this "Cheaters Tuna Casserole"

Cook a box of macaroni and cheese according to the directions on the package. (Or, if you like, make up your own homemade macaroni and cheese) Once you have your mac n cheese, open a can of tuna, drain it (give juice to a nearby cat, if one is available) and mix it into the mac n cheese. Get some peas, either from the garden, the freezer or a can and put it in with the tuna and noodles. (The peas might need a little bit of cooking before adding them to the rest of the mixture. Sometimes I add my frozen peas to my boiling noodles for a few minutes.)
All done. It isn't super healthy, but it sure is tasty.
I think my mom sometimes puts in some cream of mushroom soup, and/or some Lipton Onion Soup Mix, from a packet.

No comments: