Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Random

Right now the boys are playing with their firetrucks and other fire gear so I'll take this opportunity to write up a post. I've been trying to post at least once a week and I slacked off last week, so now we get to play catch up and you'll get a lot of random bits and pieces.

A friend had a baby about 7 weeks back, and I finally got to meet the little guy a few days ago. I made up a pair of athletic-sock baby leg-warmers for him (his daddy is a soccer coach, so I figured the athletic socks were fitting), and crocheted a little bear buddy for him to cuddle.



Ajay still has those cute kid mispronunciations, and he says "cumstable" for "comfortable" - I think he looked quite cumstable where I found him sleeping the other night. He likes to fall asleep in front of his door, but he typically doesn't drag out all the works. Maybe he was cold?? The second picture was where he fell asleep yesterday afternoon.



The storm did a lot of damage, as previously stated, and we'll have to replace the roofs on the garage and house, and the siding on the house, too. In preparation of doing all that work, we had a team come in to trim a tree that had been leaning up against the roof of our garage. Ajay wanted to stay outside the whole time they were here, but as they ran into a few snags and were here about 10 hours (instead of 4), he had to come in for part of the day. He was quite upset at being inside.

Before, and almost after. I didn't get a shot of the tree once they were finished.


Ajay had his breakfast and morning snack outside while watching the men work

The boys have discovered the MP3 player. I loaded some of Ajay's favorite songs on there and I enjoy watching/listening to him with the earphones in. I'm sure it won't be so cute when he's a teenager, ha!




I tried to make some cornstarch clay the other day and it didn't turn out. I then used the last of the cornstach, mixed it with equal parts water, and made up goop. As expected, it was a hit.

For a summertime treat, I gave the boys a popsicle. Complete with High Fructose Corn Syrup, sugar and Red Dye 40. Yuck, yuck, yuck! Next time, we'll look a little more closely at the ingredient list.

No comments: