Friday, July 24, 2009

I love lavender oil!

I think I've talked a little bit about how much I love my essential oils before. If I haven't, I should have.
Lavender oil is great for burns. Ajay got a little blister on the Fourth of July and when we got home we put some oil on it. A couple days later, Biju got a pretty bad burn on his thumb while setting off the rest of our fireworks, and I put the lavender oil on it. It never blistered up.
My newest experience with lavender is with hiccups!! I recently had a bad case of hiccups and they had returned multiple times in one day. I read that smelling peppermint stopped some peoples hiccups in no time flat. I grabbed my "Candy Cane" bottle - it's a blend of peppermint, spearmint and a few other oils. I think being a blend was a problem, because it didn't work for me. I guess I needed pure peppermint. So I found another remedy, which was the lavender. I applied a couple of drops to my stomach, right beneath the breastbone and I did not hiccup even once the rest of the day!! I was amazed. I almost look forward to getting the hiccups again so I can test it to see if I get the same results.

Here's one for the "poll" - Have you ever used essential oils?
A. Yes, quite often
B. Occassionally
C. Nope, never used any oils

1 comment:

Mom said...

I have lavender, but it's not an oil .. I've used it in my c-pap to sleep by .. not sure if it did anything or not!