Thursday, June 11, 2009

Ajay's birthday celebration

On Ajay's actual birthday, we made up some cupcakes (I misread the recipe, so they weren't the yummiest in my opinion, but they were decent). Biju's parents got online in India so we got out the webcam. Our microphone wasn't working, so while we were able to hear and see Echachan, Amachee and Bino Uncle, they were only able to watch the boys act like monkeys. (Probably better anyway since Alex felt like crying and asking to nurse almost the whole conversation).
That evening we watched my two nieces while my sis and her husband went out for their 10th anniversary, so Ajay got to play with his cousins for awhile. Biju and I gave him one of his gift bags, which had a book, a spin-y toy and 500 water balloons. He was a very happy boy!

We also set up a seperate celebration for Sunday afternoon, however 2 of the 3 families were unable to make it. Ajay didn't notice since we hadn't told him the others might be there (we knew they might not make it). The night before, we took him to Toys-R-Us to pick out a toy and he chose a nerf gun (the many toys distracted him while I picked out the rest of his birthday gifts). We celebrated with cousin Paige and Aunt Shelly, and they brought a fabulous birthday gift....a fish!! He named him Nemo. He also got a Cat in the Hat game, a doctor's kit and walkie-talkies. The kids took a little dip in the wading pool, played with the water balloons, had some cake, opened presents. What more could a 4 year old want??



Ajay loves that fish! "I wanna feed my fish!" He enjoys talking with the fish: "Hi, Nemo!" - "I'll be right back, Neemy-Neemy!" I hope we don't end up seeing Nemo belly up anytime soon!

No comments: