Sunday, August 17, 2008

Craft time!!

Ajay and I made crayon muffins.... we took some de-papered crayons, some were already broken, we snapped a few others, put them into aluminum-muffin-liners, and let them melt. I had looked at a few different websites to get this idea, and couldn't remember how they all went. So I think you're supposed to just let them get all gooey and then let them re-solidify. Instead, I totally melted them, and I'm pretty sure the wax separated from the color, because they didn't color very well on paper, and they looked odd. Next time, I'll try a lower heat setting. (like 250) OR - I think one site said to preheat the oven to 350 then shut it off when you put the crayons in. Maybe thats the trick... Anyhoo, it was a fun craft.

Ajay posing with the craft...



Ready to go into the oven...



Watching them melt...



Giving the new crayon muffins a test drive...

No comments: