Thursday, October 14, 2010

This 'n That

I haven't done much in the way of posting pics of the boys.  I thought I should get you all caught up on what went on around here during the last month or more.  These may be in random order, so bear with me.


Norwex came out with some new products.  I ordered all of the new items and was super excited when I received the package.  As it turns out, most of the products were geared towards kids, so Alex was able to carry the box (which included a kids mop!)

  The boys were taking a bath and making faces.  Ajay thought Alex needed a lesson in making funny faces, so he pulled on Alex's ears and instructed him to blow out his cheeks.






 

We had our annual hail storm.  Some parts of town got hit pretty badly.  We really lucked out.  We did have a touch of hail damage on the van and a light on the back of our house got broken, but all in all, we made out okay. 
Alex really enjoys his playgroup meetings.  He loves to see "Miss Dinah" (not her real name) and play with all of the toys and other kids.  There are usually crafts available to work on.  This day we made a bird house.  When we got home Alex had the idea to fill it with grasses and leaves.  We then slid it into a bush so the birds could get into it and make it their home. 
No need to panic.  This isn't some deformed rodent.  It is actually a sweet potato from my parents garden.  I just had to take a photo :) 
Alex getting his bedtime story read to him by Aunt Brandi, with cousin Brandon listening in. 
While Alex was listening to his book, Ajay was working on his back-bend. 
You know how it goes when you try to get two small people to look at the camera at the same time and smile!!
Shhh.... don't tell Ajay, but Alex and I met Aunt Shelly and her crew at the zoo one day.  Paige was at school, too, so I guess shhh, don't tell Paige!  We stopped for a little snack and this peacock came up to see what he could get from us.   You can see that Alex wasn't into sharing his food with the bird! 
Alex being cheesy on the Komodo dragon statue.
Alex playing in the backyard.  It was a chilly day and he wanted to wear this baby hat.
The boys were enthralled by Daddy filling up the gas tank.  Go figure.
Here you can see our firefighter and batman taking a break from their hero work to draw with side-walk chalk.
On a visit to the park, the boys discovered this praying mantis.  It was cool to watch, but I was afraid they were going to give it a heart attack!
I wish I had been able to get a better shot - it was really a beautiful creature!
There ya go.  That's all the photo candy you get today.  Don't worry, I've got more coming soon. 

No comments: